Friday, October 28, 2011

Steampunk hat for halloween costume

Tonight we are going to a Halloween party and I am going to be dressed steampunkish and wanted a hat to go with my outfit.  I made one out of stuff I already had in my craft drawers that were available for descontruction and I already had the crynalin in my fabric trunk. 

I had bought the hat almost a year ago and had it in my room.  The feathers were taken from masks that i had bought for 1.00.  The clock parts I had already and hadn't used in over 8 years.  The ribbon were from a collection I have had over the years and the buttons were just some that i had gathered. 
First thing after I gather all my supplies, then I plugged in the glue gun and just started gluing.  A few glue gun burns later and this is the finished project.  Not too bad.  It's not exactly what I wanted but close and all under a few dollars.

Happy Halloween and I plan on taking pics of our complete outfit tonight and will post later if they turn out :)  I will be wearing a corset with a leather jacket, a long black skirt with crynalin, my biker boots and i am sure i will wear some kind of crazy socks like always.  Eric will be wearing his leather kilt and probably nothing under...lol, TMI maybe but a girl can hope for a great time!    

No comments: