Monday, October 3, 2011

Making your own house cleaning products

We struggled when I was a kid and I completely remember my mom making her own cleaning products.  Did she know it was better for our environment or was she just trying to save a penny?  she is pretty smart so I will say it's probably a bit of both.  One of the products I remember using the most is a combination of white distilled Vinegar and water mix and newspaper to clean windows.  My mom swore by it and it never did leave a streak!!

My favorite recipe is to combine 2 cups of water, 1/4 cup of white distilled vinegar, and up to 1/2 teaspoon of liquid soap or detergent in a spray bottle. That’s all there is to it.  The soap is used for the wax buildup on the windows from commercial cleaners that causes streaking.  By adding the liquid soap or detergent that takes care of this problem.

Here is a web page that I also found a ton of other uses of white vinegar for cleaning a number of things in your house. This is a great list and the most complete list I have ever seen. Enjoy.

http://www.vinegartips.com/scripts/pageViewSec.asp?id=7


No comments: