Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fireside coffee


I made this recipe for the first time a couple of years ago and then again last year.  We put it in multiple Holiday baskets for gifts and it has went over really well.  We made a regular version and a sugar free version.  I actually still have some of this left but will need to make more this season.  Eric, my husband loves this stuff and when it starts to get chilly you can bet he will be requesting that I make him a hot cup of fireside coffee!!  


 

 

 

Fireside Coffee Mix



2 cups non-dairy coffee creamer (regular or fat free)
1 1/2 cups hot cocoa mix (regular or sugar free)
1 1/2 cups instant coffee granules (regular or caffeine free)
1 1/2 cups sugar   (regular or sugar free)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Combine instant coffee, sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg in blender, blend until fine power.  Put into bowl/coffee can add non-dairy creamer, hot cocoa and mixing well. Store mixture in an airtight container. Yield: 6 1/2 cups mix.
 
Note: To make 1 cup, spoon 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon of coffee mix in a cup. Add 1 cup boiling water; stir until well blended.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I made homemade vanilla extract for gifts last year and paired it with a homemade spice muffin mix. I love making homemade gifts, I may have to borrow this!

Amber said...

I think homemade gifts are better than store bought ones myself. Can't beat a gift infused with love :)

AND you will have to share the homemade vanilla extract along with the spice muffin mix recipe :)