Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Home made Chicken N Noodles

Over the last few weeks I have baked a couple of whole chickens.  After our meal, we had made our home made broth.  We put the whole chicken in water and added celery, onion and spices.  We then place the broth in mason jars in the fridge.  I had accumulated 3 jars and figured it was time to make something with it.  Tonight I made home made chicken and noodles.  

I already had the broth made and had left over chicken from dinner the night before so the only thing left was to make my own home made egg noodles.

 
The whole time I made these noodles I had lots
of memories of being a young child, at my mamaws.  This was one of her specialties and when she made her egg noodles, no one could ever get enough of them.  Today, I felt her by my side as I mixed, cut and stirred.  It was a great feeling!

















Home Made Egg Noodles

Ingredients

  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon butter

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Add the beaten egg, milk, and butter. Knead dough until smooth, about 5 minutes. Let rest in a covered bowl for 10 minutes.
  2. On a floured surface, roll out to 1/8 or 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired lengths and shapes.
  3. Allow to air dry before cooking.
  4. To cook fresh pasta, in a large pot with boiling salted water cook until al dente.

No comments: