Thursday, September 29, 2011

How to get Pine tree sap out of clothes

This summer we bought an RV and have it at a camp site in Mogadore Ohio.  We call it "The Strock Family Lake House."

I had a shirt that I thought I ruined with getting pine sap all over it but with the help of the lucky internet found this fix:

How to Get Pine tree sap out of clothes:


  1.   Rub the spot with rubbing alcohol. You can also use bug repellent, hand sanitizer, fingernail polish remover, lighter fluid, gas, or WD-40. If you believe this will ruin your clothing, mix a solution of laundry powder and water together to make a paste. Rub it into the stained area and wait a half hour.
  2. Fill the washing machine with warm water and the usual amount of detergent.
    Place the pine sap soiled clothing into the washing machine. Do not add any other clothes to the washing machine. 
  3. Wash as usual
  4.  
sap on my crinkle shirt before treatment

My crinkle shirt after treatment.  No more sap!  Shirt color difference
is due to the flash on my camera.  The alcohol didn't hurt the shirt.

    No comments: