Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pumpkin Walnut Bread

So it's that time of year again and I am getting ready to bake away.  I have got the house decorated and all my Yule tides in order with my next step doing some baking.

Today my baking was for a fundraiser at out local UU Church in Kent.  I had made some mini pumpkin loafs for a fundraiser as well as a bigger loaf for us.  I also made some lemon bread and rosemary bread with pictures and recipes to come.

Pumpkin Bread with Walnuts for the Fundraiser at Church.
 INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

  •  1/2 teaspoon allspice
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Sift together the flour,
The big loaf is for home :)
 salt, sugar and baking soda. 
2. Mix the pumpkin, oil, eggs, 1/4 cup of water and spices together, then combine with the dry ingredients, but do not mix too thoroughly. Stir in the nuts.
3. Pour into well buttered 9x5x3 loaf pan and bake 50-60 minutes until a think skewer poked in the very center of the loaf comes out clean. Turn out of the pan and let cool on a rack. 
All packaged and ready to sell. 





No comments: