Monday, December 19, 2011

Yule Log

I moved and sold my house 2 years ago.  I now live in an apartment and we don't have a way to burn wood inside or outside.  I have been wanting to burn a Yule log since my move but I have had to compromise. 

We went down to my parents house a week ago in Hocking county. They heat their whole house in the winter with wood and with a wood burner.  I asked my dad if i could get a couple of logs that he had that were cut in half.  He said i could.  My husband picked them out for me.  (He could reach them where i couldn't, my parents have a wood shed and it's full to the top) 

I ended up bringing them home.  My husband went and bought a 2" drill bit so drill the holes to place the votive candles in.  After that, I got out the dremel and sanded it down, glued felt on the bottom so not to scratch any tables.  I then got out the glue gun and glued on some pine cones i picked up on a couple of walks and I also glued on some seasonal greenery that is sold in the holiday sections at your local store. 

I did two of these this way and they turned out wonderfully.  Now i can light the candles to welcome the sun back and wish for prosperity and good things to come to us in the new year. 

These were really easy to make and a LOT of fun!! 






No comments: